Sunday 1 April 2012

The day before departure

The morning sun is gorgeous today. We have been greeted with warmth by the suns rays as the day before the 6 month journey ahead begins. Its also the 1st of April so we have managed to get a short joke in as well.
Today is packing day. Yes I have left this for the day before. There was really no point in doing it any earlier as everytime I put something into the bag I took out 3. There is a list of things that are needed so that will help me along. I have lists and clothing set aside so that should be plenty.
Our tenant has moved in downstairs , so he will look after our home "miliraj" while we galavanting around Europe for 6 whole months.

There was much preparation in the upcoming months. The biggest task of all was finding a vehicle. I sourced it from a place called Der Freistaat - Caravaning and more  in Sulzemoos Germany. Their web site is www.glueck-freizetmarkt.de I found a vehicle that I liked and contacted the company. In return they sent me a contract of sale and posted a "verkauf" sign on the vehicle. Martin my first contact there  did not ask for any money as a deposit and continually corresponded with me on the terms and conditions of the purchase. I am happy with his service to date but,   we haven"t got the vehicle yet.  A seperate blog has been written on Gluck freizeitfahrzeuge.  Over the past few months I have been corresponding with Joerg and he too has been extremly helpful.

We drove our lovely beagle"Chapa" to his new home for the next 6 months. My best friend Annette and her family have offered to look after him. Thank you dear friend. I am sure that Chapa will have a wonderful vacation too. He is already missed by us but we know that he is in the best of care and that you will smother him with love and kindness.

The bags were packed until the small hours of the night and a few hours prior to departure. Overwhelming and I must say don't leave it till the last minute that was a mistake. I packed what I thought would be sufficient clothing and made sure that I had all of our prescriptions and medicines available ,everything else I figure I will buy as I need.  After all we are going into summer.

So all that is left to do now is complete the packing, sleep, have a shower , get dressed and get on the airplane. Bon voyage Sydney see you in 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment